1870-1871 / 81 Revolution Boulevard / Historical monumentbookmark
In the past, this building hosted the Prefecture of Arad. Later, it became the editorial office of „Adevărul” and „Observator” newspapers and the Rectorate of „Aurel Vlaicu” University. Today, many institutions are operating here.
The building was raised between 1870-1871. The building hosted the Prefecture of Arad, then it became the headquarters of several institutions – the editorial office of the „Adevărul” and „Observator” newspapers and the Rectorate of „Aurel Vlaicu” University.
Nowadays, in this generous space, several institutions conduct their activity: the County Volunteering Centre, the National Centre for Tourist Information and Promotion of the County of Arad, the Directorate for Development Programmes within the Arad County Council, the Inter-Community Development Association, BRECO, PNȚCD party, the Agency for the West Regional Development and the Advertising Department of „Jurnal Arădean” daily newspaper etc.
It was built in a neo-classical style. The architect copied the building of the county identically and kept the arched gateway, the facade bearing classical columns, the tympanon and the balcony. On the first floor, there is a grand festive hall with stucco elements, named after the Romanian politician, Iuliu Maniu.
The Administrative Palace of Arad is a significant work of eclectic architecture, currently hosting the City Hall of the municipality and the Institution of the Prefect of Arad County.
The Cultural Palace of Arad is one of the most emblematic buildings in the city, which hosts today the Museum Compound and also the State Philharmonic Orchestra of Arad.
The building has hosted, over time, the Prefecture of Arad and the General Public Finances. Currently, it is named "Arad County Administration for Public Finances”.